Saturday, 11 January 2014

SUMMER ESSENTIALS

As I am sitting here in the Melbourne heat 'down under' my Bloglovin' feed seems to be inundated with posts of winter skincare routines and how to find the perfect winter coat so I thought I would do a post for those who are living/ holidaying where it is not freezing or for those who just want the imagine for a second that they are on a beach sipping a cocktail. So here they are my you guessed it, Summer Essentials.

SKINCARE&accessories 

Bronzer 
(Nars Angelika/ Laguna Blush/Bronzer duo pictured) 
We all love a bit of a sun kissed glow all year round but especially in summer. Nars Laguna bronzer is perfect and great with or without a tan and doesn't look orange or muddy, just adding a bit of extra healthy glow to the face. 

BB Cream/ Tinted moisturiser
I prefer to keep the makeup a bit lighter in summer and the Dr Jart BB cream is perfect for that, it's so light on the skin and evens out the skin tone and also has SPF 25 which obviously is great for summer. And for those times when you do want a bit more coverage a great sheer summer foundation would also have to be the Rimmel Wake Me Up, it's quite light on the skin and gives such a glow to the skin which for me is perfect for the summer, and it also have SPF 20.

The Bright Lip
Now I'm a huge fan of the bright lip and personally Rock it all year round however summer is the perfect excuse to break them out if your not as obsessed with brights as I am. Mac have some great bright shades (candy yum yum and morange pictured) and they can just inject a bit of summer fun into any outfit completing the look.

Moisturiser & SPF (face and body)
I often feel like everyone talks so much about how important a rich moisturiser is in the winter but honestly for my skin it's a lot more essential in the summer, all that time spent in and out of the air conditioning and not going to lie the occasional sunburn (already suffering the first of the season, will I ever learn). Pictured here is the Righteous Body Lotion from Soap and Glory, put simply it smells great, is moisturising and dries fast, what more do you want? I have also been loving the Origins Ginzing Moisturiser for my face I haven't had it for that long but I obsessed it is quite light but still really moisturising so especially great for summer and it smells like oranges to refresh you in the morning. Now neither of these products have SPF and we know how important it is to Slip...Slop...Slap (don't we Emily...) I don't have any particular brand that I favour but I do like to use different ones for my face and body as I don't like putting the greasy ones on my face and during the summer apply SPF everyday when I apply my makeup.

Batiste Dry Shampoo
Honestly I was a bit sceptical of the hype surrounding this but it honestly is amazing at helping me out during those lazy in between washes that I feel occur more frequently during the warmer months. It not only disguises that 'I need a wash' look but also provides volume to my roots which is a huge plus. 

Sunglasses
Who would have guessed sunglasses for summer, but I am just in love with any and every pair of Karen Walker sunglasses (super duper critter pictured here) I have spent a significant amount of time in David Jones recently trying some on and I think I it just might be time to treat myself to a new pair ;) 

Cream MakeUp
When the weather gets hotter I love to use my cream products especially eyeshadow and blush as they don't move no matter how much of a hot mess you can become (we've all been there). You can create the most beautiful looking eye in seconds, it doesn't budge and it looks like it took hours, the same with blush it's just so quick and easy to use and when it's hot I always go for the quick easy option when it comes to my everyday makeup. Pictured here is Maybelline Colour Tattoo- Bad to the Bronze (mac paint pots are also amazing cream shadows) and Topshop blush afternoon tea (nyx also do great cream blushes)

Caudalie Beauty Elixir
Honestly I'm not entirely convinced on the skincare benefits promised with this 'miracle' water however it is very refreshing on a hot day and smells amazing and helps to put a bit of life back into my skin so I do definantly use this one during the warmer days. 

Sandals
Again sandals for summer groundbreaking... I have been feeling a bit nostalgic and throwing a bit of 90s fashion into my wardrobe with these jellie sandals (exactly the same as the ones I wore as a kid) but they are just so comfy and add a bit of youthful playfulness which is always good. (Mine are from Lipstick/Windsor Smith)

The Biggest Floppy Hat You Can Find
I love a good floppy hat and as mine collects dust most of the year it's really exciting when I get to pull it out in summer to both hide my messy hair and add a bit of class to a casual summer outfit. 

FAAASHION

Bathers
First things first a good pair of bathers, and the most heinous invention the high waisted bikini bottom! Flattering and comfortable you can't got wrong and I don't think I could buy any other type of bikini again Seafolly do the best bathers in my opinion they cater to all different body shapes, are good quality and are really cute. 

Vests
I love vests in summer to polish up an outfit, I love layering and it's hard in the heat but a good vest can completely change an outfit and also take it from casual day to a more casual evening look. I love pairing my white zara biker vest with girly lace or floral to mix it up with a bit of an edge. 

Summer Dress 
The summer dress is essential, casual, breathable and easy to wear I love a good printed baby doll dress (I made this one) but they are just so simple and can be dressed up and down. I also love a good jersey maxi dress like this one from asos that I can just throw over bathers or just wear around the house and be comfortable yet chic and effortless. 

xx
E


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely blog! following for sure :)

      xx
      E

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete