Monday, 20 January 2014

REVIEW | RIMMEL MATCH PERFECTION


I have long been a fan of the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation so I don't know what took me so long to try the Match Perfection but dare I say I like it more (big statement coming from me). 
The Foundation itself provides a medium finish but can be applied lighter which I sometimes prefer, it has a satin finish and is the perfect combination of matte and glowy making it look really natural on the skin which I really love. It is quite similar, I think to my all time favourite Nars Sheer Glow except for a fraction of the price and it doesn't stick to dry patches like that one does.

The concealer I do also like, it has a squeezey brush applicator and is really easy to use. It claims to be a 2 in 1 concealer and cover and highlight but personally was a bit let down. I do like it and it does cover quite well (more coverage than the Wake Me Up) but it doesn't conceal my enormous dark circles under my eyes although it does work well in combination with my Bobbi Brown corrector. I did use it on my sister though and it covered hers quite well so if you don't need super a heavy duty concealer its great.

Overall the foundation wins the prize of my favourite 'drug store' foundation (at the moment) and I would defiantly recommend it to all skin types. The concealer is great too however if you want to completely cover & highlight dark under eye circles like me it is good but is not a miracle product.

xx
E


2 comments:

  1. I own very few rimmel products and these sound great! I'm really low on concealer and always looking for a great drugstore foundation! :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I would definitely recommend these little beauties, especially the foundation :)

      xx
      E

      Delete