Monday, 13 January 2014

MY TRAVEL BEAUTY BAG/s


Okay so just to be clear yes I have a ridiculous ammount of stuff I am aware most people wouldn't need this much full stop but... This is what I packed for my trip to the beach for 2 weeks and although it is 8hours away we are driving!!! My point there are no size and weight restrictions on my luggage. But really I'm just a terrible over packer and I love me some beauty products. I thought I would share this with you though as I myself love having a snoop through other peoples makeup bags and I think it shows a great snapshot of the things that I am using every day (at the moment)
Lips
Yes I am a lip product junkie you will be aware if you follow me on instagram, yes it's a problem, yes I've accepted it but I really don't care I love me some lipstick it just makes me feel awake and put together. Here I have (bottom to top) chanel, nars shiap, mac candy yum yum (featured in my mac dupes post) illamasqua immodest, mac viva glam Nikki, mac dangerous, mac morange, revlon lip butter sweet tart (also featured in mac lipstick dupes)
Face
Nars sheer glow foundation, this is probably my all time foundation and provides light coverage that is buildable if I want a bit more coverage than my Dr Jart BB cream that is also amazing but is pretty sheer. For concealer I've got a few again but they are all very different haha, well different enough to justify in my head. I have my Bobbi Brown corrector for under eyes which is a miracle worker and over the top of that I have been liking the Rimmel match perfection or the benefit erase paste to really get rid of those dark circles (I really only need one of these but I like to have my options, the benefit is really thick but the Rimmel is lighter) also have my trusty ysl touch√© √©clat for brightening, love! 
Blush I chose different colours (well different types of pink lol) and agin if I were packing lighter I wouldn't have all of these. Mac frankly scarlet, amazing bright red pink, pretty scary but looks fab when applied with caution. As I mentioned in my Summer Essentials post I love cream makeup in summer so I've got to have my topshop cream blush in afternoon tea, it's a stunning brightish pink and is foolproof to apply. Nars deep throat this is just my easy no fuss blush that I don't have to think about, then my amazing Dior rosy glow I love this light, bright pink and it just adds a stunning pink glow. For bronzer I have my nars Laguna which works wonders and adds a glow that is not grey or orange, I have the duo with angelika so it's kind of cheating and adding another blush but I brought it with me for the bronzer and don't wear the blush that often although it is beautiful. Then of corse Rimmel stay matte powder to set my concealer. 
Eyes I packed way to many eyeliner type products, benefit eye bright amazing pink pencil that I put under and around my eyes and smudge to make me look awake. Rimmel scandeyes liner nude for my waterline to make me look awake and bronze which is quite a light bronze brown and amazing, mac teddy stunning bronzy darker brown. Then I have a bourjois liquid intuitive 3 dot liner that can be dotted on the lash line and looks super natural also be used as normal liquid liner (I like to dot it and then create a small flick at the end) but it's amazing. Rimmel eyebrow pencil which is okay, Maybelline the falsies mascara which I think is my new holy grail mascara. Stilla in the light palette which I love maybe even more than the original naked?? although they are very similar. Nars isolde duo which is stunning and more orange toned neutral, and then some cream shadows mac rubanesque and maybeline colour tattoo bad to the bronze which are both amazing and so easy to use. Then because I don't have enough eyeshadow some singles... Loreal colour infallible 004 forever pink, mac naked lunch and cranberry which are both amazing, especially cranberry which is pretty much the only non neutral shadow I own. Really I don't need all this and if I was flying I would choose either the palette or the singles/duo, but I'm a commitment phoebe and like to have options. 
Skin/body
Victoria secret pure seduction body spray and body cream this is my fav scent from VS (I just finished by body wash, tear) but I love these products even though they are big and bulky I had the space so I brought them. Mecca hand cream, this is just a travel size one I got once and it's nice but it fits in my handbag so I thought I would bring it along. Micheal Todd eye cream, I'm trying to be good and using eye cream as my eyes are really dehydrated at them moment but I'm not in love with this cream and I'm just using it until it's done and will try a new one, any recomendations?? :) caudalie beauty elixir refreshing in summer not convinced on skincare benefits. Bioderma (now at Priceline yay) great for removing makeup. Omorovicza cleansing balm this is just a travel size to got with something but it is amazing for my skin and removing makeup I may have to splurge and buy the full size. Mai green balm, travel size just handy to have and works on anything, apparently you can even mix it with water and drink it but I'm not sure about that, it worked great on my sunburn though. Origins GinZing moisturizer one word amazing, so light but yet so moisturizing and smells so fresh like oranges, origins I don't know how you do it. Batiste dry shampoo amazing for lazy in between wash days, face sun cream, pretty stock standard. Lucas paw paw ointment and lush lip scrub to keep my lips looking fresh and borghese fango active mud mask which is great as mentioned in my yearly favourites (old packaging, cheap on strawberrynet) for a bit of a pamper.
Tools 
Real techniques stippling, great with nars sheer glow, blush for you guessed it blush, japanesque travel brush good for highlighter , urban decay double ended brush (from naked 2) Real texhniques setting brush great for powdering conceale,. japanesque and real techniques eye brushes. Then tweezers and some random old eyelash curlers.
I don't know why but when I go away I always take my samples I've been saving and I'm so excited to try these, I've used the exfolikate a few times and love it but I'm so sad this is my last one, maybe have to buy full size when I'm done with my Michael Todd one :)
Yes I am a child and use a 1D pencil case as a makeup bag, don't judge but it's actually a great makeup bag and the other one is just an Estee Lauder one I got as a gift with purchase.

xx

2 comments:

  1. I am also a lip product junkie, I took 19 different lip products with me the last time I went away on holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that makes me feel a bit better at least im not the only one :) There was some serious cutting down to get it to this semi-reasonable point.

      xx
      E

      Delete