Wednesday, 8 January 2014

MAC LIPSTICK DUPES


Mac Lipstick Dupes
Mac Girl About Town, Rimmel Kate Moss 20, Topshop Brighton Rock, Mac Impassioned, Maybelline Color Sensational 910 Shocking Coral, Revlon Lip Butter 090 Sweet Tart, Mac Speed Dial

When cleaning out my lip products the other day I realised that a lot of them are quite similar (yes I have serious issues when it comes to pink lipstick) so I thought I would show you some mac dupes, I find these sort of posts really helpful particularly when shopping online so I thought I would share.

Mac Impassioned

Mac Lipstick Dupes Impassioned
Mac Impassioned: Every time I walk into mac I always reach for Impassioned lipstick before realising I already have it, so it's no surprise I have two others very similar. Topshop Brighton Rock is similar to Impassioned in every way there is almost no difference between the formula and the colour, if i had to pick a difference I would say Impassioned is ever so slightly more glossy and half a shade darker but honestly its basically the same lipstick. The Maybelline Shocking Coral is ever so slightly lighter and brighter and in my opinion not as long lasting but the formula is still great, and the slightly lighter colour I actually find nicer however there really is hardly any noticible difference between the 3. Verdict the Topshop and Maybelline are great alternatives. Also Mac Relentlessly Red is also very similar and a great matte alternative and a very similar colour with a matte finish. 
Mac Lipstick Dupes Impassioned
Mac Impassioned (outside), Topshop Brighton Rock (left inside), Maybelline Shocking Coral (right inside)

Mac Girl About Town
Mac Lipstick Dupes Girl About Town
Mac Girl About Town & Rimmel Kate Moss 20. Honestly the colour of these lipsticks are basically the same, if you look closely the Rimmel is slightly more blue toned however they really are the same colour. The formula of the Rimmel is slightly less moisturising and has an ever so slightly more matte finish but honestly they are pretty much the same and the Kate Moss lipsticks are fantastic and less than half the price. The Nars Shiap lipstick is also a very similar colour however has a matte finish so is great also.
Mac Lipstick Dupes Girl About Town

Mac Speed Dial
Mac Lipstick Dupes Speed Dial
Revlon Lip Butter Sweet Tart & Mac Speed Dial, the colour of these lipsticks are incredibly similar with the Mac ever so slightly more grey toned but the main difference of in the formula. The Revlon Lip Butter, being more of a lip balm is a lot more nourishing an ever so slightly less pigmented but they both have quite a glossy finish (for a lipstick) as the mac has a Creamsheen finish. But they both look incredibly similar on the lip and the Revlon is incredibly nourishing. 
Mac Lipstick Dupes Speed Dial

Verdict, I have way to many Mac lipsticks and way to many pink lipsticks, but hey girls got to have her lipstick.
What are your favourite mac lipsticks? :):)

xx

5 comments:

  1. I love your photos, especially the heart at the bottom! You've got such a gorgeous collection - I love the Kate Moss lipsticks.
    Would love if you'd have a little look at my blog, follow me via bloglovin if you like it and I'll follow back xxx

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment :) Loving your blog, definitely following :):)

    xx
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely post, not that I need any help with buying more makeup - especially lipsticks!
    I would honestly love if you could check out my blog at some point!

    nellmabellou.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling I have put myself on a lipstick ban (for the moment haha)

      xx
      E

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this with us. Nice dupes! :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ MAC Philippines

    ReplyDelete