Monday, 23 December 2013

BEAUTY TALK TAG

Saw this tag flying around and I've been so interested in reading other peoples responses so I thought I would do one myself. 

What products have stood out to you this year?

Matte lipstick, I always thought matte lipstick dried out my lips and I love a bold lip so for some reason I thought matte lipstick had less of a wot factor however not the case! I have become obsessed with a good matte lip, especially a bright bold pink. 

(Left-Right) Illamasqua: Immodest, Nars: Schiap, Mac: All Fired Up, Relentlessly Red, Candy Yum Yum (you can see how much I love that one haha)

Which makeup items would you recommend for young girls or people who are just getting in to beauty?

I would probably say a mascara and a trusty eyelash curler because curling your eyelashes and applying a coat of mascara can completely transform your face, open your eyes and make you look more awake. I have been loving the Maybaline Falsies Mascara it gives both volume and length, I also love the LancĂ´me Hypnose Star mascara and my all time favorite (and ridiculously expencive) Chantecaille Faux Cils mascara. 
For me I got away with only having a few makeup items pretty much the whole time I was in school, simply using foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB cream, mascara and sometimes blush/bronzer because honestly that is all you need to create a fab, natural and easy look.


Favourite high street and high end beauty brand?

Without a doubt Rimmel! I am obsessed. The thing with Rimmel is I like lots of different types of products, for face eyes and lips. The Wake Me Up Foundation is AMAZING! It has been my go to foundation giving a light, glowy coverage which is everything I look for in a foundation. Im also obsessed with the Scandaleyes eyeliners they have the most amazing creamy formulation and stay literally all day and have loads of different beautiful colours, my favorite being the nude colour. 


For high end probably Nars because again I use lots of different types of products and they are fab. My favorites are probably the Sheer Glow Foundation, blushes and eyeshadow but basically I love everything Nars can do no wrong!!


Most disappointing product you've tried?

I don't buy myself a lot of 'disappointing' products because I typically do my research on blogs, YouTube ect before buying but I did find the Benefit There Real mascara a bit disappointing. I do like the wand but I find it can get a bit clumpy and it does smudge on me. Eye makeup typically does not budge on me and honestly I don't think I have ever used a mascara that has smudged I just don't think it is worth it for me so I'm glad I only got the small size, but I do know a lot of other people who love it. 


A beauty item you use everyday?

Lucas Papaw Ointment, basically the most amazing lip balm ever, it's not very glamorous and doesn't look very appealing but it is amazing for your lips and will fix the most chapped lips overnight. It's actually supposed to be used for gravel rash, burns ect so its super powerful, however I'm not sure if you can get it internationally or just in Australia, let me know if any of you know the answer to that one :)



What are you essentials for winter?

Surprise Surprise, a good moisturizer, I love the first aid ultra repair cream to use on any dry patches anywhere that I often get in the colder months.



Thought I would just add an extra question here. What are your essentials for Summer? (Because I live in Australia and it's summer here) :)

Bright lip! I love a bright lip and it is perfect for summer, mac lipstics are my obsession and they have some amazing bright colours. If you are a bit scared of going super bright you can always use a bright lipstick and blot some off with a tissue to take away some of the intensity :)

(Left-Right) Mac: Nicki Minaj Viva Glam, Candy Yum Yum, Maybelline Color Sensational: Shocking Coral, Stilla After Glow Lip Color: Electric Pink (and it glows under UV light, not sure if thats creepy or cool)


Your favorite products for a dramatic, party look?

Black liner, I love a bit if winged liner and the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner is fantastic and so easy to use and doesn't dry out, the Maybelline one is also really good. 



What's on your Christmas wish list? (beauty wise ... )

Naked 3, Naked 3 Naked 3!!!!! But living in Australia you can't get Urban Decay  anywhere so I've got to just wait for it to become availabe online or jump on a plane (I really have considered this) :):)

*Photo from urbandecay.com

7 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I have been wanting to go ahead and try that Maybelline Falsies Mascara for a while now after hearing so many great things about it, now I think I might just go ahead and buy it!

    http://underneaththecherryblossom.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defiantly do! I didn't really believe all the hype and only recently did I give in and try it but I am so glad I did, I probably use it over my higher end mascaras almost every day now :):)

      Delete
  2. awesome shades of red and pink, I'm looking for a matte lipstick in dark purple right now!

    Check out my new post on contemporary designs by VVHATIF :)
    ALxx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try looking at mac or Rimmel I think they have some stunning ones :):)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Sooo bright and pigmented! It's amazing :):)

      Delete
  4. You have a gorgeous selection if lipsticks there! Have you tried MAC impassioned? That's a gorgeous bright pink which I'm sure you'll love :) xx

    ReplyDelete